The Recycling Council of Alberta is one busy organization on a mission to promote and facilitate waste reduction, recycling and resource conservation in the Province of Alberta.
They definitely have the environments’ best interests at the forefront of their organization and are striving to keep the province of Alberta beautiful.
Here are some reasons the Recycling Council of Alberta is awesome:
- They encourage the provincial government to enact policy that promotes conservation, recycling and waste reduction
- Assist industrial, institutional and commercial sectors in managing their waste collection and promoting more sustainable business practices.
- Support small communities (with a population of less than 25,000) in the development recycling programs.
- Communicate the need for responsible waste reduction, recycling and conservation of resources through education and networking.
- The RCA hopes to one day reach a goal of Zero Waste!
The Recycling Board of Alberta also holds a Waste Reduction Conference every year and would like you to join them for “Recycling in the Rockies – Waste Reduction Expedition” at the beautiful Fairmont Chateau located in Lake Louise, Alberta from October 1-3, 2014.
This year’s expedition features a wide range of topics, including food waste diversion, commercial and institutional recycling, Zero Waste special events, and other innovative programs and technologies in the recycling industry.
Another reason to get excited – we at Busch Systems will be handing out our Multi-Recycler Recycling Bins to every single delegate attending the RCA conference!
These bins will come in handy for carrying around all the goodies you’ll receive during your expedition. The multi is great addition to small spaces – apartments, offices, dorm rooms and, conveniently, hotel rooms (for those lacking a recycling bin).
The Recycling Board of Alberta and Busch Systems hope to make this waste reduction expedition to the Rockies one to remember.
Don’t forget to download the RCA Conference 2014 app from the Apple iTunes App Store and Google Play Store so you can have the latest program, as well as info on speakers, exhibitors, sponsors and delegates right in the palm of your hand!