Antimicrobial Recycle & Trash Receptacles
ANTIMICROBIAL RECYCLING & WASTE BINS
Introducing a new, solid antimicrobial copper alloy solution that kills greater than 99.9% of bacteria* within two hours, and continues to kill more than 99.9% of bacteria* even after repeated contamination.
Bacteria can double every 20 minutes on unprotected surfaces, but Busch Systems recycling & waste stations, made with CuVerro Shield™ protection by Aereus Technologies, work to continuously fight off microbes and protect the hardware, your patrons and your staff!
Talk to our experts today about how we can help you find the right antimicrobial recycling & waste container for your environment.
ANTIMICROBIAL RECYCLE & TRASH RECEPTACLES
Busch Systems recycling & waste stations, made with CuVerro Shield™ protection, work around the clock to protect the hardware your team and patrons use everyday. The antimicrobial coating is incorporated into the finish during the manufacturing process and will not wash off or wear away. CuVerro Shield™ will last for the lifetime of the hardware finish.
Our bins can be completely personalized to help amplify & standardize your message.
EPA Registered and verified by independent peer-reviewed research. Our Antimicrobial copper lids kill 99% of bacteria* and work 24/7.
Our products are sustainably manufactured, packed, and shipped from our backyard to yours.
An antimicrobial is a substance that acts to inhibit the growth of microorganisms and suppresses microorganism reproduction. This provides an added level of protection against damaging microbes such as bacteria that can cause stains, odors and product deterioration.
CuVerro Shield™ protection by Aereus Technologies currently is available on select Spectrum Series products, but we’re working diligently to add this protection to other series’. Talk to your sales representative today for more information and the latest updates
CuVerro Shield™ protection is incorporated into the finish of select Spectrum Series lids during our manufacturing process. When microbes come in contact with the product surface, CuVerro Shield™ protection penetrates the cell wall of the microorganism and disrupts the cell, making the microorganism unable to grow and reproduce.
CuVerro Shield™ protection by Aereus Technologies continuously prevents the uncontrolled growth of microbes that cause stains, odors and product degradation. CuVerro Shield™ protection makes the recycling & waste stations in your facility easier to clean and keeps them cleaner and fresher between cleanings.
CuVerro Shield™ antimicrobial protection is effective against most common bacteria that cause stains, odors and product degradation. CuVerro Shield™ technology is not designed to protect users from disease causing microorganisms.
Consumer safety is a fundamental concern for us. The CuVerro Shield™ antimicrobials used in Busch Systems recycling and waste receptacles are approved by the US EPA and have a history of safe use in door hardware. Because CuVerro Shield™’s antimicrobial additives are built into our products themselves, using our products does not result in consumer exposures or transmission directly into the environment in the way that products like disinfectants or liquid antibacterial soaps do during use. Additionally, Busch Systems containers never contain triclosan or triclocarban.
CuVerro Shield™ antimicrobial protection is incorporated to the finish of select Busch Systems products during the manufacturing process and will not wash off or wear away. The effectiveness of CuVerro Shield™ protection by Aereus Technologies is contingent on the life of the finish. If the finish is degraded in the future, the CuVerro Shield™ efficacy may be compromised.
Based on EPA Registration, products coated with CuVerro can be marketed with the following public health claims:
Laboratory testing has shown that when cleaned regularly, this surface:
– Continuously reduces bacterial contamination, achieving 99.9% reduction within two hours of exposure, when cleaned regularly.
– Kills greater than 99.9% of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria within two hours of exposure.
– Delivers continuous and ongoing antibacterial action, remaining effective in killing greater than 99.9% of bacteria within two hours.
– Kills greater than 99.9% of bacteria within two hours, and continues to kill more than 99% of bacteria even after repeated contamination.
– Helps inhibit the buildup and growth of bacteria within two hours of exposure between routine cleaning and sanitizing steps.
CuVerro is proven effective against the following bacteria:
– E. coli O157:H7, a food-borne pathogen that has been associated with large-scale food recalls
– Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), one of the most virulent strains of antibiotic-resistant bacteria and a common culprit of hospital- and community-acquired infections
– Staphylococcus aureus, the most common of all bacterial staphylococcus (i.e. staph) infections that can cause life-threatening diseases, including pneumonia and meningitis
– Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE), an antibiotic-resistant organism responsible for 4% of all HAIs
– Enterobacter aerogenes, a pathogenic bacterium commonly found in hospitals that causes opportunistic skin infections and impacts other body tissues
– Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a bacterium that infects the pulmonary tracts, urinary tracts, blood and skin of immunocompromised individuals
*Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, CuVerro® surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within two hours of exposure: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, E. coli O157:H7, and Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE). The use of CuVerro® bactericidal copper surfaces is a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those practices related to cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces. This surface has been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but it does not necessarily prevent cross contamination. CuVerro® is a registered trademark of Wieland North America, Inc. and is used with permission. AE-0004-1809.
**While this research is promising, further testing will be required to support EPA-registered product label claims.
Have questions? We're Happy to Help!
Scroll to Top